Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ooops

So it's been more than a month since I've written.  Sorry to the few stragglers who actually follow this. 

A lot has happened in the last 5 weeks.  Most importantly, my Grandmother died.  There is so much to say about this.  I cannot even begin to start and finish in a way that would satisfy my feelings for her.  She had not been herself for many years, and had no quality of life the last 6-8 months of her life.  But, that doesn't make it any easier to deal with the fact that she's really gone.  My grandmother, with whom I share a birthday, first name, and initials, is gone.  Every time I sign my full name, I will think of her.  And if I ever have a daughter, Charlotte Ellen will be on my list of possible baby names; NOT after myself, but after HER. 

In other news:
- I overhead squatted 130 pounds on Tuesday.  That was awesome.
-My "Primal" diet has been...well...not primal.   Not so awesome.
-I played in a softball tournament last weekend.  We played 7 games in one day.  I now know what they mean when they say getting old isn't for sissies.   Awesome and not awesome all at the same time.
-Amos pulled his toe nail off.  It cost me $250 for sedatives, pain meds, antibiotics, and a small procedue.  Not awesome. 
-He's fine now.  Awesome.
-3 weeks from this Friday will be my 5yr Wedding anniversary.  AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment