Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 2 of my five 5 star posts.

Today I post about...5 things my body can do.  I really love this one.  Only because, being a normal girl, I have body image issues.  My legs are too short and, um, thick.  My butt is just as thick as my legs.  I have line backer shoulders.  BUT what I perceive my body to look like is not what this post is about.  It's about what this body God gave me is capable of...

1.  I can throw like a boy.  My daddy gave me some important tools growing up.  To throw a punch and a ball like a boy was one of them.  I believe this ability hasgotten me several dates, and intimidated many a girlie girl along the way.  Awesome.

2.  I can over-head squat 130#.  I know a said something about this last week, but IT. WAS. AWESOME. And I still can't believe I actually did it.  You can go see it here.  I can also, do 3 pull-ups, squat clean 125#, do double unders, push ups, 1.5pood kettle bell swings, 20" box jumps, walking lunges, 85# power snatch....the list goes on and I'm forever thankful for CrossFit.

3.  I can two-step with my hubby like no body's business.  This includes the occasional flip, and even more rare jitter-bug shoulder stands.

4.  I can start an IV and you may not even feel it.  Starting IVs is a skill that involves, skill, knowledge, and instinct.  In the world of nursing, either you're good at starting IVs or you're not.  I am good.  I am very good.  I have the occasional bad day (who doesn't), but all-in-all, I can put a needle in your vein and almost invariably, you will say, "Wow!  That's it?"

5.  I have an Olympic immune system.  In 13years of public education, and 5years of college, I can honestly say I may have missed a total of 10days of school due to sickness.   Now I'm a nurse and am constantly surrounded with all kinds of infections; stomach bugs, pneumonia, skin infections.....  I  manage to stay healthy with only the occasional sinus infection usually caused by occasional allergies.   I'm constantly hearing about teachers getting sick all the time, or mommies getting sick from whatever their kids brought home from school.  So far, this hasn't effected me at all.  I guess I'm genetically blessed in the immune system department.  Thanks, Mom and Dad. 

What awesome things can your God given body do???

No comments:

Post a Comment