Monday, May 23, 2011

Don't Worry. Be Happy. :-)

Post #4 of my 5 Star series.  I'm have a little extra time at the end of my work day, so I thought I'd dive on into number 4 on my list of 5.  This is another category that seems impossible to whittle down while at the same time keeping in mind #5(5 people/pets that you are thankful for).  Lots of things make me happy.  Lots..LOTS! 

#1  Waking up on my own, without an alarm.  There is just something about waking up without being jolted artificially out of Dreamland.  I feel refreshed and ready to go about my day with a smile on my face.

#2   Dark Chocolate.  Smooth.  Silky, Tasty. Yummy.  :-)

#3   Playing softball.  I've been playing softball since kindergarten.  I played on a tournament team when I was a little girl.  I played for my high school.  I played city league three nights a week most of the way through college.  I play city league now.  It takes me back to a time in my life when I had almost no worries.  Life right at that moment is about your team and the game.  Playing ball just makes me happy... and its good interval exercise at the same time!

#4-  MaMa's sandwiches.  I don't normally eat bread, however if MaMa is making me a sandwich, I'm going to eat it.  Period.  I don't know what it is about her sandwiches...or anything else she makes for that matter, it all just tastes AH-MAZING.  I could follow her around the grocery store and buy all the same ingredients.  I could stand with her side-by-side, and make a sandwich identical to her's step-by-step.  It will not taste the same.  Everyone says it's because she "cooks with love."  She is love.  Her sandwiches make me happy.  Makes me feel like all is right in the world, even if just for a second.

#5-  Spinach.  I know you're thinking, "huh?"  I realize this is the 3rd food item on my list.  I guess I could have lumped all things tasty into one item on this list, but it just wouldn't be fair.  Some food items deserve more notoriety.  Maybe I'll have a sixth post about my 5 foods that make me happy, or my 5 favorite Mommy food items... hmmmm.  Anyway, I l.o.v.e. spinach.  Raw, steamed, sauteed, microwavable...just not canned.  I love it with breakfast, in place of lettuce in my salads, and as a side at dinner.  I could eat it every meal.  Seriously.  Plus it's super healthy and full of iron.  We women of child bearing age need all the dietary iron we can get. 

I wish I could list more than 5 things that make me happy.  There really are SO many.  What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment