Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Annie"

This week at CrossFitFTW, D has been prescribing some of the "girls."  "Helen" was Monday. Today..."Annie."  "Annie" consists of: 50-40-30-20-10 reps of double unders and sit ups.  I did this in January.  At the time, I wasn't very confident in my DUs so I did single unders at a 3:1 ratio.  I killed it at 9:05 or something.  I've progressed (a little) on my double unders, so today I was determined to do it prescribed.  My time...15:50.  Bummer.  I didn't know what to expect since I had never done it prescribed before.  I only strung together 8 DU's at the most, so they REALLY ate up the clock.  I have many lashing marks on my legs, arms, and hands.  But, I now have a PRESCRIBED benchmark to work from.  I can't be too dissapointed.  Before we tackled "Annie," we did a 5x5 progression of weighted reverse lunges.  My knees are bruised and my butt is already getting sore.  My weights were 45#-55#-65#-75#-85#.  That's the equivalent of 50 walking lunges...only backwards...with a barbell on your back.  Bring on the soreness!!

I wonder which lady D will pull out of the bag tomorrow??

No comments:

Post a Comment